Welcome to the Newton Hall Wedding hub! I’m Sarah-Jane (SJ for short!), a North East wedding photographer who happens to live in Newcastle, and I love taking Newton Hall photos
Check out one of my full, real wedding albums below to see how amazing Newton Hall is, and how beautiful your wedding photos can look:
Click below to see featured Newton Hall Weddings:
There are a selection of Newton Hall photos from summer, winter and most seasons, so no matter what time of year you’re planning on getting married, hopefully there’ll be some inspiration for you below!
Each year, I get booked up very fast so please get in touch to check my availability for your date as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Newton Hall Photos At A Glance
As you’ve probably seen in the real weddings above, and from the wedding photos on this page, I love bright, airy pictures full of love and laughter!
Newton Hall really helps make this happen because it’s such a relaxed venue, with a lovely atmosphere (created by the ever helpful and friendly staff).
It’s not just that though, the bright stone work and open, well maintained gardens flood the venue with loads of soft light – perfect for creating bright, airy pictures. Newton is also one of the few venues in the North East that really encourage and specialise in outdoor wedding ceremonies, which can really look and feel amazing creating a really special memory for you.
There are two perfect outdoor locations that you can use for your ceremony, on the grand steps in front of the property, or the covered side terrace – both of which look stunning.
The terrace has that beautiful rustic feel, but with an edge of opulence whereas the front of the house has a wonderful soft, Chateau feel to it, of course both wonderful options as you can see.
If you do want (or need) to have your ceremony indoors, there’s always the the newly created Enchanted Chapel, a beautifully decorated indoor space with doors that open onto the terrace fountain – a good option if you need it!
There are a number of great areas for drinks reception, both indoors and out. The main house with its bar and hall rooms offer a great place for a more intimate, energetic drinks reception. Alternatively the terrace or front of house gardens offer a great, lounging feel for your guests to enjoy. You can even get garden games set up on the lawn!
Why Newton Hall Is Great For Your Wedding Photos
Location wise, with shelter from tall trees but extensive grounds means you not only have privacy but beautiful light filling the venue even in the winter.
The interior spaces are all beautifully and thoughtfully decorated – a number of different decor themes highlight the different ares of the venue, but all complement each other well.
Getting ready before you ceremony can be a busy and messy time, but Newton Hall has you covered. Whilst you get ready over in the Courtyard Rooms, the bridal suite is prepared, untouched for you to finish getting ready and put your dress on all in a beautiful, bright room.
As I mentioned earlier, the bright, front steps leading up to the main house is a perfect spot to have your ceremony. Not only does the house itself reflect a beautiful soft light even in summer, but the driveway and soft grass adorning the garden either side work to make this area look like you’re getting married in the south of France.
The grounds have a number of perfect spots to photograph your family pictures, even with great options if it happens to be raining.
Because you’re so near so near the beach, couples photos there are a really great option. There’s even a few different beach options that all have their benefits and unique look. The gardens around Newton Hall are also the perfect place to take pictures with the two of you – with so many options and backdrops your portraits are going to look amazing!
Dinner service and speeches tend to take place in the Garden Room (although there are some other great options), with gentle lighting and huge amounts of space, capturing images of friends and family having a great time is easy.
Benefits of a Newton Hall Wedding
It goes without saying that the venue itself has a beautiful character that provide a great backdrop for some amazing wedding photos, but there’s a ton a great things to love about Newton Hall!
- The incredible team of hard-working staff – you know that when they look after someone like the photographer so well, they’re definitely doing an amazing job for their couples.
- Proximity to the beach – some of the best coastline in the UK is a 10 minute walk away, along with some exceptional, secluded countryside celebrating the best the North East has to offer
- Newly introduced Beach weddings (available from 2020 onwards) – the Newton Hall photos team specialise in outdoor weddings, and have amazing styling and design ideas for your beach ceremony to look and feel amazing!
- Beautiful accommodation for all your guests – from suites in the main house, to rooms over at the nearby Joiners Arms there’s a room option for everyone
- Food – the in-house chefs have a lot of experience catering amazing food, with the standard of cooking always being extremely high, no matter the theme you’re going for
- Exclusivity – this probably goes without saying if you have a Newton Hall Wedding, you won’t be sharing, something that isn’t true of all venues but is really important!
- The perfect space for dining, the Garden Room is a large, open space filled with light. When full of your family and friends it offers a buzz akin to being in a busy restaurant, you’ll love hearing the hustle and bustle of your guests having a great time!